Sunday 9 February 2014

Buzz-kill.

Recently I attended a group interview. I briefly heard one of the other candidates proudly state that he worked for Apple. The Apple fan-girl within fought against my better judgement, and I occupied the seat next to him.

We had to do a group activity in which we had to meet someone we hadn't known previously and do a little speech.

Despite my trying to engage him, this ex-Apple employee and two others, fought for a good 15 seconds to not to be put with me because apparently, it wasn't fair.

Am I really that off-putting? I was so completely baffled that I forgot to feel insulted.

Anyway, now my impression of high performing QUT students and Apple employees has been properly tarnished.

This is how negative stereotypes are created.



And I never got to find out the top secret working conditions of Apple. ;c

No comments:

Post a Comment